Top 6 safety tips for hiking in the mountains.
This video gives some safety tips for hiking in the Colorado Mountains.
1. Check the for severe weather.
2. Don’t hike alone and make sure that family and friends know where you are and when you are expected to be home.
3. High elevations can increase chances of dehydration, severe sunburns, altitude sickness, aggravation of pre-existing health conditions and heat exhaustion.
4. Carry a first aid kit and know where you can seek medical care.
5. Wear proper gear, like sunglasses, good hiking boots with ankle support and water resistant gear.
6. Be aware of animals in the area, such as black bears and mountain lions. Ask a ranger if there have been any active sightings in the area.
Below is a resource for more hiking safety information.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of my social pages at