Turkey Run Park Trail Guide: Boone Bottoms Trail
Boone Bottoms Trail is a 1.15 mile hiking loop located in Turkey Run Park in Louisville, Kentucky.
This short loop offers some unique creekside views Floyds Fork, where you’ll find interesting mazes of exposed roots clinging to the muddy banks, along with Muscle Shoals, a gravel bed filled with shells and fossils. We hiked the trail in late March and saw plenty of Spring Beauty and Wild Blue Phlox along the trail, as well as our first garter snake of the season.
The trail conditions are very easy, with no elevation gain, and the trail is all dirt, which gets very muddy in rainy conditions, so beware.
We hope you enjoy the guide, and even more, we hope you enjoy the trail. Leave your impressions in the comments section below!
Directions to the trailhead:
1. From the Gene Snyder Freeway, take exit 19 for Billtown Road and head east.
2. Stay on Billtown Road for 0.8 miles, until you reach a “T” intersection.
3. Turn left on Seatonville Road and drive 1.5 miles until you reach Turkey Run Park
4. Turn right into Turkey Run Park
5. Drive past Seaton Valley Trail and the flat bottom land and climb the hill past Sky Meadow.
6. At the bottom of the hill, turn left at the “T” intersection
7. About .1 miles, turn right into the Ben Stout House parking area, with its yellow silo
If you enjoyed this video, please support us by clicking the like button and consider subscribing to the channel. Thanks!
For more Trail Guides like this, please subscribe to this channel or visit us at
For more information on the Parklands of Floyds Fork and Beckley Creek Park, click the link below.
Follow Slucherville on social media
miroleon – Manhattan
Evan Schaeffer – Aqueduct